Many factors can have an impact on rosacea, and it is a daily process to manage it. As you exploit what summer has to provide, assist in staying free of rosacea symptoms by getting yourself ready with our ” Rosacea Summertime Survival Toolkit.”
Exposing yourself to the sun may be your most significant foe if you have battled with rosacea for a while. This is why wearing sunscreen is crucial. Choose a formulation which is gentle containing an SPF of 15 or more and make use of it daily.
Although it is impossible to avoid staying in the sun, prevent it fromyour hitting your face directly by remaining in the shade or putting on a wide-brimmed hat.
The summer can also cause wind especially if your weekends are spent on a beach or boating. Provide protection to your face by using a massive scarf which can be utilized in protecting yourself from stinging winds.
- If it is not well ventilated and cool, indoors can also be as risky as it is outdoors. Placing chips of ice in your mouth, draping a wet, cold towel around your neck or using a spray bottle filled with water to mist your face can aid in averting overheating indoors as well as outdoors.
- Summertime also means BBQ time but exercise care if using a grill next to a burning flame which can result in a flare-up. Instead of grilling, consider smoking as the heat grill coals produce can be as much as 400 degrees and in comparison, smoking aids in cooking meat at reduced temperatures which range from 250-300 degrees.
- Cookouts in the summer often translate to spending hours chilling in the sun as well as imbibing. These two factors can be dangerous to your rosacea. Switching up alcoholic drinks to infused water which is refreshing can aid in protecting against flare-ups related to alcohol.
- During sweaty and hot days, ladies can have a makeup travel kit handy to aid in covering any apparent redness.
- Overheating of the body can often be as a result of outdoor jogging, bike riding, intense workouts, hiking, and marathons. This can often result in a burning sensation in the skin when the summer heat comes onto the scene. The best method is to do things in moderation which may involve workouts in the early mornings or evenings. These changes can reduce outbursts resulting from exercise and also make an active lifestyle more enjoyable.
- For those who reside in tropical climates and wish to go on outdoor activities like sightseeing treks, you should ensure that these activities are scheduled for the early mornings or late afternoons. These periods usually have cooler weather.
- It is essential that you do not have a relaxed outlook towards skin treatment routines and medications during vacation periods. If a routine is yielding positive results, ensure you maintain the routine while on vacation.
- Be sure you ask for the ingredients used in foods when eating outside your home. This is the best way to avoid triggers of rosacea such as spicy foods. It may also be necessary to take notes of anything you eat as this can give you insights into any new trigger you encounter.
- If you will be going on a vacation and you will need to take a flight to your destination, do not forget to pack your skin care products and rosacea medications. It is a good idea to have a carryon bag for these items in case of delays or lost luggage.
look at Rosacea Free Forever